Part of living a healthier lifestyle is by taking care of your body inside and out! Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is claimed to the miracle potion which includes gut health, weight loss, clearer skin, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. I drink it daily and definitely feel its effects!
Here are 6 health benefits of apple cider vinegar that are supported by scientific research:
1. It helps stabilize your blood sugar and gets rid of sugar cravings. By far, the most successful application of vinegar to date is in patients with type 2 diabetes.
2. It can kill many types of harmful bacteria. Vinegar can help kill pathogens too.
3. Helps you lose weight and reduces belly bloat. Surprisingly, studies also show that vinegar can help you lose weight. (I believe this is linked to the cravings and resetting the gut.)
4. Lowers cholesterol and improves heart health. (There are also some studies showing that vinegar reduces blood pressure in rats, which is a major risk factor for heart disease and kidney problems.)
5. May have protective effects against cancer! Numerous studies have shown that various types of vinegar can kill cancer cells and shrink tumors.
6. Some say that it can increase energy levels and have all sorts of beneficial effects on health. (This really works for me!)
To do: Drink at least 1 tablespoon of ACV a day. I mix mine with lemon, water and a packet of stevia.