Who doesn't love melt-in-your-mouth lemony goodness? This loaf is going to forever be your summer go-to whenever a BBQ party arises. It is moist, light, tangy and lightly sweet. Oh, and it's gluten-free + sugar-free so you won't be feeling sick after a couple slices. Enjoy!
Try out this recipe and let me know in the comments below! You can also tag me on social media using the hashtag #empopfitness and we can connect there as well!
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup olive oil
3 oz goat yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
1/4 cup Stevia crystals (more or less depending on how sweet you want your bread)
1-1/2 cups spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Swerve powdered sweetener
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Thoroughly coat two 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" metal bread pans with baking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine first seven ingredients. Add in all of the dry ingredients, saving the zucchini and vanilla until lest. Fold those in gently.
3. Pour batter into prepared bread pan and bake for 60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool bread and remove from pan.
5. To create the glaze, mix the two ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the cooled bread. Enjoy!
Makes one loaf of bread, serves 8.